We are excited to be able to recruit The post of Administrator.
This post will be responsible for office management and administration. You will work closely with and report to the senior manager of YPAC. You will be responsible for the smooth running of the office for YPAC and the wider St George’s Community centre.
In addition 18 hours of your full time post will be allocated to the administration of The Collyhurst Big Local which is a community project, funded by the Local Trust and run by a Partnership of residents and organisations in Collyhurst. The Big Local manages and funds a number of large scale projects across the area and you will be responsible for the administration of the Partnership and of these projects.
This post requires someone who is able to take a high degree of responsibility, often working alone. You will be a self-starter and a team player with excellent organisation skills. In return you will be working within three organisations that are driving forward significant and innovative community opportunity and growth within the heart of Manchester.
Hours of work: 37 hours per week
Location: Based at: St George’s Community Centre, Bothwell Road, Collyhurst, Manchester, M40 7NY
Responsible to: Project Manager
Salary: NJC 22 £20456
Terms and Conditions: The appointment will be on YPAC’s usual terms and conditions for full time permanent staff, which include 25 days holiday excluding bank holidays. YPAC will pay towards your pension of 5% upon a matched employee contribution of 5
Please note that the closing date is 9.30am, Monday 12th December 2016
A complete and clear enhanced DBS/CRB check will be essential for the successful candidate to begin in post.Please send all enquiries and completed application forms to Andrew Seedall by email to email@example.com or St George’s Community Centre, Bothwell Road, Collyhurst M40 7NY.
Please note we do not accept CV’s
If you would like further information or an informal conversation please contact Andrew Seedall 07808650244 Previous applicants need not apply.
- To maintain effective financial records, using the computer platform Quick Books, producing required reports for staff and funding bodies.
- To maintain and update databases; recording and processing information to enable good quality monitoring and evaluation of projects.
- To act as the first point of contact for enquiries and to signpost enquiries appropriately.
- To obtain and produce the required statistics and information for funding bodies by given deadlines.
- To be responsible for the petty cash, maintaining it at an agreed level and incorporating transactions into the Quick Books accounts.
- To process payroll.
- To type up reports, minutes or notes of meetings and any other items required for the administration of the YPAC, St George’s Community Centre and the Big Local. To arrange, attend and minute all Big Local meetings throughout the year.
- To file papers and resources appropriately
- To be involved in the production of flyers, newsletters, letters and other information and to send out mailings to relevant stakeholders and or agencies as required. To assist YPAC and Collyhurst Big Local with the management of their social media accounts.
- To input statistics and other information to databases and keep them up to date.
- To keep permission forms and records of young people’s involvement and achievements according to the Data Protection Act.
- To attend occasional staff meetings and supervision as agreed with the Project Manager
- To identify and have some input into relevant funding applications.
- To undertake any other reasonable duties as required by the Project
- Ability to take responsibility for all the office systems of a small professional organisation;
- Ability to take minutes, draft agendas; liaise with Senior Management Boards for YPAC Manchester, Connecting Collyhurst and St George’s Community Centre.
- Ability to run database systems. In particular a comprehensive experience using Quick Books.
- A High level of IT competence, particularly in Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Good written and oral communication skills;
- Excellent organisation skills with the ability to priortise;
- An eye for detail and an ability to ensure that work is undertaken with scrupulous accuracy;
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team and to stay calm under pressure.
- Honesty and a respectfulness of confidentiality;
- A sympathy and commitment to the mission and values of YPAC, St George’s and the Collyhurst Big Local.
- Experience of working in a charity
- Fund raising experience
- A good working knowledge of mainstream social media platforms.